Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Celebrate The Small Things - 15 August #CTST

It's Friday and time to Celebrate The Small Things (or big things) that happened this week.

I'm celebrating a productive week of greenfield writing. I've been in a funk for a couple of months, not able to get in a rhythm of producing new content on a regular basis. I've been editing but to finish something you need a steady stream of new words. I'm hoping it continues.

I received some great news from Amazon yesterday. Amazon has opened up preorders to anyone using KDP. Preorders used to be restricted to a select group of publishers. Preorders are great because they give your book a boost on release day. Click here to check out the details.

Keep writing and keep hoping. What are you celebrating this week?

Want to join in the fun that is Celebrate The Small Things, sign up here.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you're back in the writing groove! Cool they allow more preorders now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a productive week of writing! I'm just editing at the moment, but I hope to be writing again soon (otherwise I'll never finish this %&#@ WIP). Have a great weekend and keep up the progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news about Amazon and good to hear that you've got your mojo back. happy writing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finding your groove!! Nothing feels better than falling into that special place where the words flow and the productivity is sweet.
    I'm celebrating something rather big this week. I just finished the uphill battle known as formatting your book for publishing. I'm self publishing and this is my first novel. All I can say at this point is, "WOW!" It's been a rough week. I'm so glad to have everything ready for the release date. I'm sure you remember your first publication. Did you self publish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done both, publishing with a small press and self-publishing. The control you have with self-pubbing is great, but it's nice to have someone else do all the formatting work sometimes.

      Delete
  5. I'm planning to use the new pre-order option on a novelette next month. Should be a fun experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for new writing! And I'm looking forward to trying out pre-orders soon.

    ReplyDelete