Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Recent News

My interview with Colin McKay Miller and commentary on his story “The Ocean Thief” is up on The Midnight Diner blog. "The Ocean Thief" is a short, humorous tale about a man who puts all the oceans into a book. People learn to muddle through without the oceans, but who is the Ocean Thief and what does it all mean? Check it out here.

On the fiction front, the editors at Everyday Fiction have accepted my flash story "A Gift from over the Sea." It's a coming of age story with a Viking/fantasy flavor. It's less than nine hundred words so if I explain any more, I'll be telling the whole story. The inspiration came from Charles Causley's poem "Nursery Rhyme of Innocence and Experience," which I heard set to music on Natalie Merchant's Leave Your Sleep. I borrowed the structure and theme. The editors say the story will be posted in June or July.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! If that's the story I think it is, EDF did well to snatch it up quick.

    ReplyDelete