Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Flash Contest at Reader's Realm

My story "In the Kappa's Garden" is up at Reader's Realm as part of their October Flash Fiction Contest. You can read it here. (Don't forget to comment, please.) A kappa is a creature from Japanese folklore that inhabits ponds and rivers. It's a trickster figure with a malevolent streak whose antics range from harmless pranks to drowning children. The legends of the mythical kappa likely find their real-world antecedent in the Japanese Giant Salamander.

6 comments:

  1. I love Japanese Mythos! (they have some of the weirdest creatures) I'll definitely read and comment on your story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. The real giant salamander is rather weird too. I think they're around four feet long.

      Delete
  2. Great stuff; kappas are cool creatures. I shall head on over for a read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Left you a commment over there -- mighty fine work, as always.

    ReplyDelete