Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

An Acceptance

I received a note from the editor at Golden Visions Magazine this week informing me that my story "The Wand" will be appearing in the Summer (July 2011) issue. I'm not sure if it will be in the print or online edition. My story "Esme's Amulet" appeared in GVM's October 2010 print edition. I'm excited to be in Golden Visions Magazine for a second time.

Summary:
Orville buys a strange-looking wand at a pawn shop. He and the narrator are hucksters and incorporate the wand in their scheme to sell toy wands. All is proceeding according to plan until a girl who seems to know how to use the wand attends their show. She wants to buy it, but Orville, sensing the wand is truly magical and potentially of great value, refuses. The girl hisses some strange words at Orville and stomps off. Now Orville is dying of a fever and the narrator must spring to action.

2 comments:

  1. Woot, woot, woot! Can I brag and say I got to read it already? Please! It's such a good story! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, sir! I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete