Pages

Friday, June 19, 2015

Celebrate The Small Things - 19 June #CTST

It's Friday and time to Celebrate The Small Things (or big things) that happened this week.

Received a couple 5-star reviews this week. WooHoo! Reviews are always pleasant surprises, especially if they are from someone you don't know.

Still slogging away at the novel. Even with an outline, details of the plot are changing as I go, which requires keeping notes for later revisions or making changes in earlier chapters now to keep it all in sync. I'm thinking about offering my email list subscribers a chance to beta read. How early in the writing is too early to beta read? Should I wait until the first draft is completed?

Keep writing and keep hoping. What are you celebrating this week?

Want to join in the fun that is Celebrate The Small Things, sign up here. Thanks to the very talented Lexa Cain for hosting this hop.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the reviews, Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sounds just like me - yes, I'm "slogging" away at my novel too. I've changed the outline a lot. I always let my CPs see it as I go, chapter by chapter. That way if there's anything that really bugs them, I can change it sooner rather than later. Like you said, changes often ripple through the whole ms, so it's better to know early. Congrats on the good reviews and good luck with the ms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the five star reviews!!!

    I usually wait until my first draft is done and I've edited it as much as I possibly can before approaching beta readers. But you can have someone beta read a few chapters at a time as you finish them. They'll have to understand that it's before you've edited it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those 5 star reviews are always good. I'd say open up to beta readers fairly late on, too. But I suspect there's no perfect answer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the great reviews! That has to feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the reviews! Beta readers typically read the entire finished work, but critique partners often take the writing in chunks. (It's probably just semantics, though, between beta readers/critique partners.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jeff - hopping through from Celebrate :) I am in awe of all those who have written or are in the process of writing a book so well done on gaining 5* reviews as well. Do you fit your writing around other work or does it solely support you? Have a great weekend Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete