Friday, February 6, 2015
Celebrate The Small Things - 6 February #CTST
I'm thankful to be over the latest cold at last. I finally have some energy after a week of feeling as drained as a vampire victim. (I checked my neck and chest. No bite marks.) No big writing news this week. Still plugging away at the cat story.
I'm thankful for all the great internet friends I've found through writing and blogging. One of them nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank you Katie L. Carroll. Katie is a YA novelist and editor extraordinaire. Check out Elixir Bound to sample her work.
The rules for accepting this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and link to their blog.
2. Display the award logo.
3. Nominate at least 15 other blogs (more or less) and provide a link where they may be found.
4. Then, go to their blog, leave a comment to let them know they have been nominated, and where to find the information they need to accept (rules).
5. Mention three things that inspired you the most during the past few weeks.
1. One of my daughters went to another round of cleft clinic recently. It's an all day medical appointment in which a bunch of specialists check out your progress and make recommendations. She was born with a cleft lip and palette and has been through way too many surgeries for someone her age. She now has years of orthodontics in front of her. She continues to smile, as cheerful, sassy, and competitive as ever.
2. Snow. Yes, I know the weather seems really lame, but when I look across my backyard with it's foot of fresh white snow and the bright sunshine gleaming off that shimmering surface, I feel happy and energized.
3. Conan. I've been listening to Howard's Conan stories on LibriVox. There's a reason these stories have lasted and sound fresh no matter how many times I listen. Howard has created a vibrant world for his hero. Conan's character doesn't evolve much, but it can be comforting to find something consistent. Conan's indomitable spirit is inspiring in and of itself.
Here are my nominees:
1. M. Pax—mpaxauthor.com
2. Lyndon Perry—www.lyndonperrywriter.com
3. Tyrean Martinson—tyreanswritingspot.blogspot.com
4. Christine Rains—christinerains-writer.blogspot.com
5. Catherine Stine—www.catherinestine.blogspot.com
Keep writing and keep hoping. What are you celebrating this week?
Want to join in the fun that is Celebrate The Small Things, sign up here.