Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

News and Announcements

My flash story "A Creature of Words" is up at Avenir Eclectia, which the editor Grace Bridges describes as "a multi-author microfiction project, based in a world with flavors of science fiction, fantasy and supernatural genres." "A Creature of Words" introduces a sentient, four-footed fish who tangles with a strange creature that talks but doesn't seem to know how to swim. Check out the other story lines at Avenir Eclectia, too. With so many contributors, there's bound to be something you'll like. In December, Underneath the Juniper Tree will be reprinting my story "Why the Squonk Weeps" with some cool custom artwork. Each story in Underneath the Juniper Tree is illustrated with original artwork. The editors are doing a fabulous job with the layout and the stories are cool, too. My flash story "Under the Bridge" will be in the December issue of Apollo's Lyre. This issue is devoted to members of the Write One Sub One challenge. "Under the Bridge" considers a young boy's encounter with something monstrous. Was it a troll or an old man? You be the judge.

Last year I reviewed Tyger Tyger here and interviewed the author Kersten Hamilton here. If you haven't picked up Tyger Tyger yet, the e-book version is on sale for $2.99 for a limited time through Amazon, Apple, Barnes and Noble, and Google.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the Avenir story! Really unique :).

    And is Underneath the Juniper Tree not the coolest? I adore the artwork! Congrats on getting accepted by them. I was thrilled when they published my story because I was just so impressed with how well laid-out the zine is. (And did I mention the artwork? hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Jeff! When it rains, it pours. =] I enjoyed "A Creature of Words" -- you painted a rich, vivid scene.

    ReplyDelete